Professional with extensive experience in television production, seeking a challenging position in visual effects within the film industry. Well positioned to offer high caliber special effects to major motion picture studios with the ability to understand complex concepts and construct images, based on original concepts. Passionate and inventive creator of hard-hitting visualizations for serial productions and documentary purposes. Four time regional Emmy Award winning and nine time regional Emmy nominated 3D artist, animator, FX artist, and compositor experienced in documentaries, television and film with specialties in texturing, lighting and compositing. Creative problem solver comfortable working independently or collaboratively. Thrive in a challenging, artistic environment with the aptitude to work under pressure and meet deadlines. In depth knowledge and expertise of industry-standard software, backed by solid educational background and experience.
Areas of expertise include:
- Autodesk Maya
- Substance Painter
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, & Adobe Illustrator
- Autodesk MatchMover
2011-Present South Florida PBS Miami, FL
Four time Regional Emmy Award winning 3D Artist/ Broadcast Graphic Designer
Efficiently command and coordinate design production from concept through completion. Collaborate with clients to establish vision, conceive designs, and complete deliverables within project deadlines and requirements. Build, motivate, mentor, and direct design / production teams; coordinate freelance designers, consultants, and vendors activities for each project. Play multiple roles including composite and special effects technical director, 3D Virtual set designer and modeler, and organic and architectural modeler and animator.
- Championed all facets of animation as lead 3D artist, specializing in textures and utilizing Maya for Emmy Award winning documentaries and serial productions including: Changing Seas; Buen Provecho!; Art Loft; Check Please; Issues Reports; Art Basel: A Portrait; Salsa: A Dance Sensation.
- Strategically changed the artistic styling for the station.
- Improved the quality and quantity of animations, which directly correlates to an increase in award recognition of a documentary series.
- Spearheaded the 4K initiative at the station resulting in our first documentary series produced in 4K.
- Established and maintained exceptional professional rapport with producers, art directors, scientists, and historians.
- Compose shaders for all 3D elements using Substance Painter.
- Produce texture painting using Photoshop.
- Generate 3D animated visualizations for documentaries from concept to completion.
- Develop composite 3D elements to live footage using Nuke.
- Hold full accountability as the UV layout and lighting technical director.
- Meticulously edit promotional videos using After Effects.
- Maintain all renderings utilizing a render farm installed and maintained independently.
- Create on-air still graphics and animated packages for live shows.
- Successfully managed project initiatives for large-scale projects, consistently achieving on-time and in-budget completion of all deliverables.
2017-Present Innovasea Seattle, WA
3d Freelance Artist
Remotely collaborated with marketing director to ensure artistic vision and all deliverables are met efficiently and in a timely manner. Created their first 3D animation, which involved mechanical modeling, texturing, lighting, and hard surface animation.
- Established all aspects of 3D animations for 360 marketing campaign.
- Crafted still renderings for brochures and other marketing collateral.
- Conducted hard surface modeling of company’s products using their engineering drawings.
2012-2014 Univision Network Miami, FL
3d Freelance Artist/Broadcast Graphic Designer (National News Broadcasting)
Developed professional working rapport with producers and art directors to ensure artistic vision and all deliverables are met efficiently and in a timely manner. Played the integral role of organic and architectural modeler and animator and acted as Lighting and Rendering Technical Director, holding accountability for production activities.
- Developed and designed national news broadcast graphics using Vizrt, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Created on-air still graphics and animated packages for live television news program.
- Arranged UV layout and served as texture painter and shader writer.
2004 Florida Atlantic University Boca Raton, FL
Master of Fine Arts (MFA)
1996 Maryland Institute, College of Art Baltimore, MD
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)